This stand-alone message will help you explain baptism to your students. Those who have not been baptized will be encouraged to get baptized, while those who have been baptized will gain a better understanding of what their baptism really means.
Key Texts: Romans 6:4; Colossians 2:12
Bottom Line:: Baptism is only the beginning.
• Full-text sermon (1,908 words)
• Small Group Discussion Questions
• Nicely done, ready-to-use teaching slides
• Four original Instagram images, plus copy-and-paste captions and a schedule for when to post them.
“Imagine for a minute that you’re from another planet, and you happen to land in our church parking lot. You get out of your spacecraft and look around. You walk toward the big building because it sounds like people are having a good time.
You open the door and walk inside. What you see makes you wonder what’s going on: There’s a human saying some words and dunking other humans under the water. And you think to yourself, “Why is he doing that?”
Baptism can definitely seem strange if you haven’t grown up around church or around church people. And even if you have grown up around church or church people, it can still seem strange! So today I want to jump in and help you make a little more sense of what baptism is for and why we do it. We’re going to see 4 things that make baptism so important.”
Want to see more?
For a preview of this sermon, along with the small group discussion questions and ready-to-use teaching slides, click HERE.
Note: After you complete your purchase, you will receive an email with the product download code to access your files.
Latest posts by Trevor Hamaker (see all)
- 7 Ways to Deal with Disruptive Students - December 3, 2020
- Fighting Frustration by Shifting Your Focus - December 3, 2020
- What is the Most Important Job of a Small Group Leader? - December 3, 2020