This stand-alone message explores the desire for fame and explains how serving breaks the power of selfishness in our lives.
Key Text: Matthew 20:20-28
Bottom Line: Serving breaks the power of selfishness.
• Title Slide
• Full-text sermon (1,798 words)
• Small Group Discussion Questions
• Nicely done, ready-to-use teaching slides
“The desire to be seen, heard, and respected has been around for a long time, long before social media and selfie sticks. In fact, the first selfie that we know of was taken in 1839 by a guy named Robert Cornelius. But the trend does seem to be growing. The word selfie was added to the Oxford Dictionary in 2013, and some people have labeled this generation as the ‘Selfie Generation.’ And right now, Instagram has over 53 million photos tagged with the hashtag #selfie.
But if we go back, before there was Instagram, and even back before Robert Cornelius, people still wanted to be noticed and respected. In fact, that’s exactly what’s going on in the episode we’re talking about today in the Bible.”
Want to see more?
For a full preview of this sermon, along with the small group discussion questions and ready-to-use teaching slides, click HERE.
Note: After you complete your purchase, you will receive an email with the product download code to access your files.
Latest posts by Trevor Hamaker (see all)
- Sacred Pathways for Student Pastors - September 18, 2019
- How to Grow Your Youth Group: Four Simple Strategies - September 18, 2019
- First Things First (Don’t Promote Your Ministry Before You’re Ready) - September 18, 2019